Sunday, October 11, 2009

Awe Inspiring Natural Wonder

Have you ever seen the Grand Canyon? I just did today for the first time. If I could have imagined what it would be like to stand on the south rim I would have been much more excited about going there to see it. Blew me away! Blew me away! I could not have imagined the sheer size and beauty. I think one of the awe inspiring aspects is how on earth was this incredible hole in the ground made. The colors, the angles, the sheer drops, the caves, the paths, the river, everything about this canyon makes you wonder aloud. We heard that so far 120 people have defied the boundaries of this monumental state park and have fallen to their death. I do not have a fear of heights but sometimes I feel a rumbling in my "yarbles" (groin) that scares me and at the same time makes feel like I want to jump. It is a scary sensation that makes you feel your alive but reminds you in an instant you might not be. My wife, Beth, and my good friend Scott have a fear of heights so they did not wander toward the edge as often as Betsy, Scott's wife and Seattle Sutton distributor, and I did. Just soooo cool. Too cool.

Why has it taken almost 50 years for me to see the canyon? As my father-in-law would say about a movie he loves, "Run, don't walk". Go see the canyon asap. It is more than worth it.

No comments: